Whether you’re soaking up the sun like Bailey, or you’re more of a Nellie and prefer to relax in the shade, I hope you’re enjoying this amazing Pacific Northwest weather! We’re experiencing crazy hot temperatures – for Seattle – this year and some of us are loving it…. some, not so much.
Unfortunately for Nellie, we think the heat might be a trigger for her epilepsy. At the very least, she doesn’t cope well above 25 C/80 F, the poor thing; she’s a lot like Evgeny (cue fur joke). Bailey and I, on the other hand, don’t really consider this as “hot” weather, it still seems more like late Spring weather to us, than high Summer. Yes, I realise I just put words in my dog’s mouth. Also, check out our Facebook page for a cute little video of Nellie Belly getting her den just so. It’s been so hot that she had to dig down to find the cool/damp soil.
In honour of this hot weather – and also to make my Mum jealous, as she suffers through Melbourne’s “freezing” temperatures (her words, not mine) – here are some good looking, low FODMAP recipes that are also appropriate for summer.
Salads, Snacks & Meals
- Ceviche – Not From A Packet Mix
- Grilled tofu salad – Not From A Packet Mix
- Seared rainbow trout in white wine – Not From A Packet Mix
- Strawberry salad, with a maple lemon vinaigrette – Not From A Packet Mix
- Sushi, Gunkan, Maki rolls, Nigiri – Not From A Packet Mix
- Toasted almond and cranberry salad – Not From A Packet Mix
- Warm salmon salad – Not From A Packet Mix
- Balsamic chicken salad with strawberries – – from Delicious As It Looks
- Carrot and coriander soup – from She Can’t Eat What?
- Greek pasta salad – from Thrifty Kitchen
- Grilled Rosemary Salmon – from Delicious As It Looks
- Rainbow salad – from Fructopia
- Baked peach in puff pastry – Not From A Packet Mix
- Banana “ice cream” – Not From A Packet Mix
- Chia seed puddings, chocolate, coconut and strawberry (coming soon) – Not From A Packet Mix
- Classic vanilla ice cream – Not From A Packet Mix
- Dark chocolate tofu mousse – Not From A Packet Mix
- Pavlova – Not From A Packet Mix
- Blueberry ice cream – from Savory Lotus
- Chocolate Frosty – from Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth
- Coconut melon ice cream lollies – from Squashablanca
- Frozen yoghurt trail mix bars – from The Lean Green Bean
- Lemon mousse – from No Sugarless Gum
- No-bake cheesecakes in jars – from Amelia (use Google translate)
- Rhubarb pie ice cream – from No Sugarless Gum
Stay cool, everyone!